Congratulations. By deciding to take part in a new fitness program, you have taken the most important step to leading a healthy lifestyle. Whether you are an exercise dropout, a fitness newbie, or just want a refreshing change on leading a healthy lifestyle, there are many exercise and nutrition tips that can help.
We are more concerned than ever with getting desired results faster and pushing ourselves to the brink with our workout efforts. However, we fail to realize that effective workouts need wholesome nutrition. Listed below are some pointers that help you understand the value of following a balanced approach to exercise and nutrition. Kegels for women along with a proper diet will drastically improve your sex life.
- Exercise should be the heart of any new fitness program. Having said that, proper nutrition holds the key to achieve fitness goals faster and sustain the results. They say food is fuel. And, you really cannot adopt and maintain healthy changes unless you are following nutritionally sound guidelines. Focus on making smart food choices to fuel your body for exercise and energy, and to shape dietary habits for your new life and body.
- The body should be provided with the right amount of nutrients for adequate and fast recovery after a grinding workout at the gym. Consuming nutritious foods such as a slice of toast or a piece of fruit before a workout session is as important to building a lean muscle as is taking in protein rich foods after a few hours to facilitate recovery and avoid muscle loss.
- It is important to keep your body replenished with energy and fluids to make sure there is not any muscle loss. Many fitness enthusiasts who are new to fitness training underestimate the importance of regular water intake. Water is the elixir of our life, and possibly the purest source of hydration that you will need after sweating it out in the cardio session. They like to have some branded sports drinks like Gatorade or powerade as substitute to water. But are they really a substitute? Not quite. These drinks may replenish the nutrient level of your body but contain large amounts of calories and sugar, thus undoing all the hard work you put in to your workout.
- Knowing what to eat before and after workout is very important. A typical pre workout meal should comprise of a good proportion of low carbs to provide you the energy you will burn, and high protein foods that are set aside as energy reserves. And, this varies from one workout to another. Similarly, a post workout meal should consist of the right mix of carbs and proteins to help the body replenish its glycogen stores, and repair muscles. For instance, a ready supply of protein is a critical factor to repair and rebuild the tissues of your body before you engage in a rigorous session of strength training. As for cardio, your body requires a huge amount of energy to pull you through an exhausting session of running, jogging or aerobics.
- If knowing what to eat is important to build muscle, lose fat and repair tissues, knowing when to eat is also influential to achieving stellar fitness goals. For achieving desired results, a pre workout meal is usually taken 30 to 60 minutes before hitting the exercise floor.
More people are becoming fitness conscious, exercising more, consuming less junk food, and eating more greens, veggies and fruits hoping that it may help them turn fit and stay that way.
What about you?
If you are tired of not getting the results you want or thinking of quitting even before getting started, think again. It’s time to get serious about total fitness using a well balanced approach to exercising and nutrition.